Monday 1 October 2012

ACCESSORIES IN FASHION: BAGS

ONE-SHOULDER, BOTH SHOULDERS, OR JUST NONE AT ALL


Now you are probably wondering is she talking about the shape of the torso section of a top or dress? Actually it is almost situated around there. BAGS.
Handbags, backpacks and clutches are several of the different styles that a bag can represent according to the practicality of the carrier. Some large enough to fit a whole camping set, and some so small that only a mobile phone and ID can fit (which in this case from my experience of going out clubbing). Different occasions call for different style of bags. 

Courtesy of URL: http://www.neurohealthchiro.com.au
/wp-content/woo_custom/18-cp_posture1.gif
First we have the one-shoulder handbag. Depending on what design and style the user may prefer, the tendency for the handbag's content is to fit majority of the user's essentials. Mobiles phones, wallet (small or large), day planner and the list goes on. What I have in my handbag are the standard essentials that I need to progress through the day without feeling like I'm missing something that I should have: mobile phone, wallet, day planner, first aid kit and cash. Easy to carry and easy to access everything in one bag by my side, especially if I'm running late in the morning or trying to pay for something quickly because there is a huge queue behind me. 
Although in most cases, all these essentials can be quite heavy for one-side of my body to handle, causing my body to "lop-side", which injures my spine, back and posture overall. 

Next we have the backpack. From my experience, a backpack is essentially used throughout education, camping or a long road trip. Like the handbag, the backpack has all my essentials that I need everyday including my textbooks, lunch, drink bottles, pencil cases and the list goes on. Now you are probably wondering "wow this girl packs a lot, won't this hurt her back as well?". My answer, yes it does BUT it does not strain my posture because of the even weight distribution on both my shoulders. I have got to bring everything one way or another. 
But my peeves on backpacks are its ability to lose the small things in such a huge compartment. Imagine your mobile phone ringing loudly in a quiet class because you forgot to turn it on silent. Well that has happened to me occasionally, and having to rummage everything out of the bag just to find out that it was not an important message is quite frustrating.

Lastly, we have the clutches. Small and easy to carry is, in my opinion, the suitable carrier when going out clubbing, a formal function or even a stroll down to the local store around the corner. The best carrier ever? Not really, when you think about it. Yes it is small and easy to carry but you can not really fit anything besides a mobile phone, cash, an ID or credit card. This small compartment is only limited to its size in the context of packing the essentials. During my uses of clutches, I feel quite naked in a way that all my other essentials are compacted or not included in a bag. Majority of the time I am out I get somewhat injured whether it be falling over, having a paper cut or just as simple as sanitising my hands. So the essentials are necessary of course.

So what kind of bag do you prefer?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment