Thursday 4 October 2012

FASHION SEASONS

WHAT AND WHEN TO WEAR

Being a university student comes with the problem of choosing outfits to wear each day. In school we didn’t have to think in the morning or the night before about what to wear, we just needed our uniforms to be washed! Now I am a university student that experiences the early morning problem of what to wear. I personally care about what I look like when I am in public as what you wear is who you are (from an ad I saw on tv yesterday). When I choose outfits I actually consider a few things, including the number of times I’ve worn the outfit, what the weather is like, if I am comfortable and if it looks good.
The weather and the season is a huge influence on what I choose to wear. My advice, always check the weather before you leave home especially in Australia as it changes frequently, so you need to be prepared. These are some of my favourite outfits, tips and essentials for each season.


Summer

In summer, basic dresses, shorts and shirts are the essentials I go to when dressing for summer days. Cute canvas shoes, thongs and sandals are great summer/spring footwear. Accessories are always lovely to wear in summer, less clothes therefore more room for accessories to stand out. In summer I love having at least 2 good pairs of sunnies, white clothes and wearing bright coloured nail polish (yes, I consider this an accessory).



Spring

Dresses, dresses and more dresses. In spring I love wearing dresses, skirts or tops with bright prints or lighter tones. They always make your outfit look cute and they look good on a beautiful spring day at the races. Maxi dresses or skirts are also perfect for spring (although I don’t wear any), I always see others wearing them and they look super comfortable. This is such a cute printed dress!





Autumn

In autumn I always have layers, majority of the time I wear layers to UNI as the weather is so unpredictable. Cardigans, stockings, fitted pants and basic tops are my favourite things to wear in autumn.


Winter

In winter try to keep your clothes bright and flattering. Just because it is winter and we want to be warm, doesn’t mean we have to add a million unnecessary layers. Be smart and buy clothes with warmer materials, even if they cost mroe, they will most likely last longer than a cheaper version. Another tip for those with long hair, having your hair out is useful in winter as it can be used like a scarf!

No comments:

Post a Comment