Friday 5 October 2012

DO IT YOURSELF

DO IT YOURSELF

We either want to be in style, create out own unique look, or just look good. Some people may have the money to buy whatever clothes they want, get their nails done or go to the hairdressers every week to look good or update their fashion style. Some of us can’t spend that much on fashion, but we still want to look good and unique. I try to do some things myself that shape my own fashion style and saves me money.

1. Make your own shirts 
Plain printed shirts are about $30-$70 that say only say a few words. They look good, but are they really worth it? Instead of buying these, I print my own shirts with a screen print, all I do is buy a few $6 shirts from kmart or best and less, create a stencil and screen print the shirts. (screen prints and squeedgees used could be pricey, but you can buy these discounted on ebay and use them for your clothes, presents and artworks)

these were $50 and $70


these were $6 and $10












2. Hem or fix your clothes
You can also hem your own pants or dresses to change the style of your clothes or just fix them. A needle and thread is all you really need, or you could buy or borrow a sewing machine from a friend.

3. Cut your own hair
I cut my own hair, yes because whenever ive been to the hairdressers they do a pretty bad job and make you pay an unreasonable amounts of money. I have heard so many stories from my friends about hairdressers cutting too much hair off when they only asked for a trim. Youtube have lots of tutorials for cutting hair or doing hairstyles that you do yourself so you don’t have to keep going to the hairdresser. 

4. Paint your nails
I do my own nails. I hear from my friends that a manicure or pedicure cost about $30-50. A bottle of nail polish ranges from $3-$18. I personally buy Revlon nail polish and majority of them have been $5 (go to cheaper stores instead of paying $14). You can buy a few colours and do your nails yourself. You don’t have to sit in a smelly nail salon for half an hour and it will take less time. (ive never had acrylics but my friends have broken them within the first week of getting them, what’s the point?)



If you do it yourself you have a more unique style and you save money!

No comments:

Post a Comment